This plugin allows you to export images from Lightroom directly to your Tumblr account.
This plugin works in Lightroom 5 and Lightroom 4 (though some features may be missing in older versions of Lightroom).
The same download works for both Windows and Mac. See the box to the upper right for the download link (in orange) and installation instructions.
After downloading, installing, and enabling the plugin (download link is in the orange box, in the upper-right of this page; install instructions are here), you can activate the Tumblr export by clicking on the Export Dialog's masthead, as illustrated here.
You can add additional functionality to the Tumblr export (and to all exports) with export-filter plugins. I have a variety of them on my Lightroom Goodies page related to Geoencoding, support, metadata management, running external apps, automatic snapshot creation, Creative Commons licensing, etc.
This plugin is distributed as “donationware”. I have chosen to make it available for free — everyone can use it forever, without cost of any kind — but unless registered, its functionality is somewhat reduced after six weeks.
Registration is done via PayPal, and if you choose to register, it costs the minimum 1-cent PayPal fee; any amount you'd like to add beyond PayPal's sliding fees as a gift to me is completely optional, and completely appreciated.
Note: a Lightroom major upgrade, such as from Lr4 to Lr5, de-registers the plugin in the upgraded version, so if you want to maintain registration, a new ($0.01 if you like) registration code is needed in the upgraded version. It makes for a hassle every couple of years, I know. Sorry. See this note for details.
For details on plugin registration and on how I came into this hobby of Lightroom plugin development, see my Plugin Registration page.
( Update Log via RSS )
|20130926.32||Oops, fix a bug introduced in the previous update|
Added a bunch of tokens to the preset templates supported: ExportFormat, ExportColorSpace, ExportBitDepth, ExportQuality, ExportSharpeningLevel, ExportSharpeningMedia, IpernityUrl, GoogleDriveUrl, and TumblrUrl.
The token-examples dialog had been broken. Also deprecated Folder and Path tokens in preference to FolderName and FolderPath tokens.
Work around a Lightroom bug concerning the determination of whether a photo is offline.
Better handle very long user account names, so that the [Logout] button doesn't get cut off of the Export dialog.
Fixed the KW/KWE tables in template tokens; they had been broken when using load for the script.
Added the ability to update/replace posts.
Moved the "Export with Smart Previews?" dialog section to a more-logical place in the dialog order, and made big improvements. you can now pick to be asked whether to export via Smart Previews, and can differentiate between when the Smart Previews are "good enough" for an export and when they are not.
Work around a bug that causes the export-related progress bar to not show up right away.
|20130613.26||Better support for plugin revalidation.|
|20130611.25||Sigh, previous update for Lr5 broke things for the Lr5 beta.|
|20130611.24||Yet another Lr5 update|
|20130610.23||Better logging to try to understand catalog-write-access contention under Lightroom's hood|
Added the ability in Lr5 to export images even if the master image file is not available, so long as there's a smart preview available.
|20130501.21||Update for Lr5|
|20130412.20||Build system update.|
|20130328.18||Fixed a possible plugin crash in Lr2 that might happen if the remote site's servers are failing.|
|20130302.17||Make authentication a bit more robust.|
|20130225.16||Fixing a boo-boo in yesterday's update.|
|20130224.15||Sending keywords with the image is now optional.|
Added support for some new template tokens: FlagStatus (requires Lr4.1 or later), and for Lr3 and later, a bunch of IPTC extended metadata: AdditionalModelInfo, CodeOfOrgShown, DigImageGUID, Event, ImageSupplierImageId, MinorModelAge, ModelAge, ModelReleaseID, ModelReleaseStatus, NameOfOrgShown, PersonShown, PlusVersion, PropertyReleaseID, PropertyReleaseStatus, and SourceType.
|20130209.13||More build-system maintenance|
|20130206.12||Tweak for my registration system|
Added the ability to set the post date to the photo date.
The caption-preset UI was ugly... made it better (I think).
Added the ability to use caption presets.
Keywords marked in Library for export are now sent as image tags, and you can add extra tags as well in the export dialog.
|20121213.8||Added the ability to include a click-through link when uploading a photo|
|20121126.7||Try to work around a logging problem one user has.|
Plugin was unwittingly overriding the blog's auto-tweet setting. Fixed.
Added the ability to automatically upload only those images not yet uploaded and/or modified since last upload.
Fixed an error that popped up during export if the plugin's unlimited trial had ended.
|20121113.4||Added the ability to set a new post as private/draft/queue.|
Realized a bit late that because Tumblr wants the entire upload package HMAC-SHA1 signed (as opposed to just the non-image-data parts like most upload destinations), the raw HMAC-SHA1 routines in pure Lua that I wrote years ago to handle short hundred-byte handshaking just won't cut it for multi-megabyte full-image uploads. I've found a way around it for Lr4, but it's not possible to fix in Lr3, so I have to pull support for Lr3.
Note that Tumblr's photo-upload limit is 5MB, so if the image is larger than that, bail before even trying.
|20121014.2||Added a help dialog when encountering the mysterious 'handle in the wrong state' error.|
|20121010.1||Initial Public Release.|